View Single Post
Old 24-Aug-2011, 12:13 AM   #6
GroundUrMast

All attics will attenuate RF signals... how much depends on the construction materials used and in my experience, wet or snow covered roofs change rapidly... in a negative way.

I think the DB-8 will work for 11 & 13 in your situation, because both are relatively strong signals. However, putting the antenna in the attic would not help. All antennas will do better if mounted free of obstructions.

I would think the DB-8 would be more acceptable (to an antenna hater) on the roof than the long Winegard... but I like antennas, so I would go with the Winegard and be proud of it, it's a beautiful thing!

The CPA-19 is an excellent amplifier... low noise and resistant to overload, both are desirable traits. You can try without a preamp, but with either antenna you'll miss out on several of the weaker signals, especially when you start to split to multiple tuners. I would expect to need an amplifier.

I run several HDHR's... they like clean, strong signals. If the HDHR's are happy with a signal, all the other tuners in the house are going to have no trouble with the same signal.

The red "C" on the left side of your TVFR is a warning that another station is using the same frequency. In some cases, the interference can be dealt with through antenna choice. In a few cases, the interference may to strong or come from the same direction, making it impossible to receive the station. "C" stands for co-channel interference.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 24-Aug-2011 at 1:04 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote