View Single Post
Old 1-Jan-2014, 4:07 PM   #5
daciii1966

Talking Update

First..Thank you all for the help.

I can appreciate the fact that an outside antenna is better. I don't think I'm on the edge of signal strength so I can afford the roof losses and help offset that with a better antenna? I'm asking that as much as saying it... I'm basing it on the fact that with the small antenna I used for testing, I'm getting most of the channels in the mag N. 65deg area and this test antenna is the attic. If I choose not to rotate the antenna, I can fit one of the larger recommended antennas.

So I'm to the point of having to decide..but a couple more questions.

To confirm, the all band antenna (stereo typical old fashion antenna) is probably best suited for my situation...and in being conservative, the largest one that will fit (If I do go attic) will probably work the best...Is that a true statement?

That said, anyone have recommendations on a antenna that may be able to refold or come apart if assembled in the attic in case I need to move it.. I know, I want it all... I figure if not, the antenna in the attic can stay and pickup stations in one direction and if I add another antenna I will put it outside to cover the fringe stations...

I searched the site, but could not find information discussing losses or problems if two antennas are connected together. I'm sure this has come up so can anyone point me to a link which discusses if/why/pros/cons to trying to do that?

Again, thanks for all of the info....I'm a slow learner...but learning...
daciii1966 is offline   Reply With Quote