View Single Post
Old 27-Apr-2015, 4:17 PM   #1
tclearinghouse

Mohu Leaf vs Clearstream 2v

I've been lurking a bit here and after seeing a lot of recommendations for Clearstream antennas I decided to make the switch from my Mohu Sky 60 to the Clearstream 2V.

First off here is my fool report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f02ef3e77515

My setup I have the antenna mounted about 10 feet in the air and it feeds a distribution amp for 4 sets. I live in an area surrounded by trees don't have a very good line of sight. While the Sky worked I got pretty poor reception on channels that should have been a pretty strong signal, specifically WNCT and WYDO. While it may have been aesthetically pleasing I just was never really happy with the reception on that antenna so I decided to make the switch.

Last Thursday I replaced the Sky with a Clearstream 2V. I figured worst case scenario it is no better and I return it to Best Buy but it ended up that the difference is night and day. Not only do the previous channels that would break up a bit come in perfect now, but I am able to receive WRAL and WRAZ out of Raleigh which never came in before. These NEVER came in with the Mohu Sky. Now I get every channel in the green and yellow in my report. Very satisfying!

I wish I had read this forum before I dropped the cash on the Mohu last year, it would have saved me the money. Almost as good as my much better reception is that I was even able to score the Clearstream 2V for $79.99 due to a pricing error on the shelf at Best Buy!

So thank you to alll for the good reading. I hope someone who reads this will not make the same mistake I did with the Mohu Sky. There are better antennas out there.
tclearinghouse is offline   Reply With Quote