View Single Post
Old 30-Dec-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
EMNY

Thanks, GroundUrMast, for your help! Dad and I spent about an hour game-planning today on how we would tackle getting the antenna mounted on the roof. Hopefully this weekend we'll be able to get it all set up so I can do away with the paltry rabbit ears.

I read through that link again that you mentioned. Helps explain a lot of things, and I guess I know what *needs to be done. I'm just wondering if there are some easier alternatives available concerning what I'm dealing with. If not then of course I'll handle it the proper way.

Alright, so you said I'm good to go with using the Verizon bracket attached to my electrical box outside for grounding the antenna. Now with respect to grounding the coaxial cable, you said I only have to ground one split leg of the cable before it enters the house in order to ground the entire coax. Makes sense. My question is, how do I ground the coaxial cable without cutting into the cable, installing 2 f-connectors, and *then installing the grounding block? The cable I'm using was actually put in place by Dish Network years ago and the cable feeds directly into the side of the house. I did come across this antenna discharge unit shown on the left in my research. Is this something I could use in place of a grounding block, and if so how does it establish continuity with the coaxial shielding to properly ground the cable?

Thanks again!

E money
EMNY is offline   Reply With Quote