View Single Post
Old 23-Mar-2011, 2:34 PM   #19
suzanrush

Chumster, can't get The CW or ION?

I dont think OTA will go anywhere. There are people cutting the cord every day not to mention many seniors/low income people depend on it for school closings, weather warnings, etc.

Good, I hope you are right! I'm looking forward to the day when no one pays for cable or satellite tv. Cable is out and free ota hd/dtv is in! Someone said it's only 6% across the nation watching the free tv. Surely, the number is not that low. Free tv is so much better than anything you pay for.

What I would like to see is smaller broadcast channels like ION and CW to gain access to each market. I cant get them, but with more people moving to free service that should change.....maybe more networks will pop up.

What antenna are you using and is it mounted as high as you can get it? More importantly, does it have a high range? For instance, my Winegard SquareShooter is amplified w/ a range of 50 mile radius, plus I'm able to rotate it. When we live far away from tv(rf) signal towers, not just any old antenna will do. The magic all starts with the antenna. Antenna choice is key and it's frustrating that no one is talking about this, looking to find the channels first and then purchase the antenna based on this unreliable information. [/COLOR]This is such an idiotic backwards approach and it needs to stop.

There's no reason why you can't get ALL the over-the-air (ota) channels available in the sky as long as you have a great powerful antenna. When you want the best results, you've got to get the best. It's real simple.

These so-called IT/Techno Gurus are talking over everyone's heads, showing off. But it needs to be broken down in simpler terms so that everyone can get it.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by suzanrush; 23-Mar-2011 at 2:40 PM.
suzanrush is offline   Reply With Quote