Thread: Antenna help
View Single Post
Old 18-Sep-2013, 5:20 AM   #1
Rev

Antenna help

My analysis is here.

I'd like advice on what antenna setup I need to get all the local major network stations found in the green, and the one (48) in the yellow (7 total channels if possible). I'd like to use a single antenna if possible, and I'd prefer to put the antenna in the attic. This could mean the cable run could be as short as ~25 feet. I am concerned reception may be affected by all the metal ducts and A/C unit within close proximity and between the antenna and the signal source. I could either raise the antenna or run a much longer strand of cable to avoid this. Longer cable may dictate the need for an amplifier.
Regarding cable, is it critical to have a very specific kind, or is any type of coax really sufficient?
Note: I have tried a couple different antennas in the living room, a cheap loop/rabbit ear combo and a homemade antenna similar to this. Both would get some channels, but not all, and both seemed to be quite sensitive to direction. I now have the homemade antenna in the attic. It gets multiple channels, but seems ultra sensitive to direction, and note again concern with possible interference mentioned above.
Thanks.

Last edited by Rev; 18-Sep-2013 at 7:57 PM.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote