Thread: Micco, FL
View Single Post
Old 19-Feb-2015, 5:45 PM   #12
GroundUrMast

I rarely suggest a rotator because most folks have more than one TV. If two or more TVs are tuned to different channels, one or more viewer is likely frustrated by poor or no reception of the desired signal. Also, many tuners lack the ability to manually add channels or 'ADD SCAN', this means that these TVs would need to be rescanned each time you adjust the rotator.

Back to back antennas are not likely to combine into a single down lead without interfering with one another. An exception would be when one antenna covers one band (VHF for example) and the other antenna another band (UHF). In that case, a passive filter devise, a UHF/VHF combiner is available and works very well. If you need to use two antennas that cover the same band(s), I'd suggest using separate cabling from each and an axillary tuner at the TV. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=2882

In your case, I'd start with one antenna system that covers both UHF (real CH-14 and higher) and High-VHF (real CH-7 through 13). A premium option would be an Antennas Direct DB8E + Antennacraft Y10713 + preamp (AD Juice + UHF/VHF combiner or RCA TVPRAMP1R). with one system, you can test reception from both directions... Then decide if the added complexity and expense of dual market reception is worth it to you.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote