View Single Post
Old 2-Dec-2011, 3:21 AM   #1
mdoverstreet

Reception Problems

Hey ya'll! What's up? Got another reception question for ya. This is my girlfriend's grandmother's place. The only thing she can get is KAIT no matter which way the antenna is turned. Why is that? Looks like she ought to be able to get a couple more things. The antenna looks to be a HBU55. The only reason I say that is because it looks like the one I got for my uncle. It is on a rotor. The grandmother's son says it has an preamp on it, but I didn't see one. There is a weird-looking black deck-of-cards shaped amp-like thing inside that said it was an amp, so I plugged it in and connected it. No difference. On Thanksgiving night, I guess tropo was active. We were getting WSIL and WMC. We watched This on 5.2. Broke up a little but come right back. The next day nothing but KAIT. I messed with it a little bit more and got KTEJ. The weird thing is that the antenna was not even pointing toward Jonesboro. It was pointing toward Springfield. Decided to just leave it alone until I asked ya'll. Should she not be getting Springfield, K07XL, KEMV or anything else? I know there's no way possible to get Little Rock. I'm thinking the cable needs replaced, the antenna needs to be pointed upward a bit and definitely a good quality preamp. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ec12d69f871a6c What ya'll think?
mdoverstreet is offline   Reply With Quote