View Single Post
Old 25-Jun-2017, 12:39 AM   #3
OTAFAN

Unhappy New Channel Master Balun

I've been following this thread rabbit73. Thanks again for your dogged expertise, albeit apparent bad news for the old adage, "new and improved!"

I have a new CM balun with my RCA751 set up here in SoCal, about 35 miles from Mt. Wilson due south and around 90' of RG6 Quad cable. I haven't noticed any difference in signal quality from my previous address of about 19 miles from Mt. Wilson, with 50' of same cable. Only two channels read less than 100% on my Samsung 40" signal meter. PBS SoCal 50 at about 65%, but they have had technical issues for years now, even though their official power readings show strong. I've concluded from my amateur research it comes down to money issues--doesn't it always? And KDOC 56 I get about 75%, but after having talked to one of their engineers, he politely said that was as good as it was going to get--again their signal output was not as strong as others across the spectrum.

So, I guess I should consider myself lucky with what I thought was the best balun on the market. Certainly its build quality is superior to others I have seen. But your test results have given me a bit of heartburn. I don't doubt them, I just wish it would have proven otherwise.

Therefore, I'm calling on all OTA viewers to boycott all digital TV until we get good quality products like in the old days! I ran across this article recently for recommended reading: https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...g-tv-goes-dark

Time for a six pack.....
OTAFAN is offline   Reply With Quote