View Single Post
Old 6-Mar-2014, 7:45 PM   #1
OTA_newb

Can anyone help me choose an antenna?

I'm trying to get my antenna reception working again. I used to have a decently large Winegard antenna mounted and it received most of the stations on my TVFool report, but it fell and busted. Wondering if there are any smaller, more convenient options for me. I'm at pretty high elevation and can avoid most trees. No buildings.

Here's my report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b9435f07da64e

I can mount it anywhere up to about 30'. I'm pretty handy and can build my own if it'd be able to work for me. I'm really only interested in the channels that are within reasonable reach (ABC,NBC, PBS, CBS). I currently have a really old, really big Winegard mounted that I got from my neighbor. It must be outdated because I can't find the model, or anything similar, anywhere on the internet and it only picks up channel 12.1 (ABC). I currently have it split to 2 TVs, but I haven't seen any change in signal strength from when it's ran directly to one TV.

Any help on my situation would be appreciated, I really don't want to give in and start paying an arm and a leg for satellite TV.

Cheers!
OTA_newb is offline   Reply With Quote