View Single Post
Old 4-Aug-2014, 4:55 PM   #15
germm

More efforts this weekend

With the help of ADTech and Teleview, I have a much better signal to the splitter. In an area, on the house, where I used to only get 10 channels, I am not up to 35. It was a great improvement using the pre-amplifier FM traps from Radio Shack.

But, I still can't get FOX tuned in. And with football season coming, I am starting to get more discouraged that I will not be able to receive this channel. With ADTech's latest post about crossing my fingers if it will work, I feel there might not be anything else I can try. My last effort would be to purchase a DB8e. Given everything I have tried and the poor signal to my current DB4e, do you think purchasing a DB8e will really help my cause? I know there are no guarantees, but I would at least like opinions about the receiving power of the DB8e. Or would it make any difference to try a directional yagi antenna?

Thanks for your help. This will probably be my final post on this matter. Unless I find a way to get it all to work

Also, for ADTech, you seem to know our area well. Farnsworth peak is starting to be hidden by more and more of the developing areas of our community. In Utah County, the population growth is mostly in hidden areas. Have you heard of any discussion of placing a translator, for the major channels, on Lake Mountain? It seems to me that this move would make much sense being that most people who build in our area will not be able to get the over-the-air channels from Farnsworth Peak. I know this would come at a great cost to the local stations, but I have my fingers crossed.

Last edited by germm; 4-Aug-2014 at 5:08 PM.
germm is offline   Reply With Quote