View Single Post
Old 1-Aug-2014, 4:00 PM   #11
germm

I will get a couple of the FM filters. Hopefully this will help with the PA 18. I have a few more days to work with it before I have to ship it back to Amazon if it doesn't work.

@adtech You mentioned different antennas. Given the information that you have read about my situation, which of the antennas that you recommended do you feel would be most adequate for my home?

Here is a bit more information. I have it dialed in exactly how to get the best reception possible. I have marked this spot on my mast and mount. With a very directional high gain antenna, I feel I could get a very good signal. If I move the mast 2 or 3 feet from that spot, I drop from 30 channels to 10 or less channels. If I move the mast over the crest of my roof, I will pick up FOX (which I normally don't get), but I cannot get CBS, NBC, or ABC (this is only around 5 feet from my preferred spot). You can probably see my frustration.

I wouldn't be opposed to mounting two different antennas on my roof, If I didn't have to put the antenna on a 10 foot mast. It looks bad, but heck, it works, and that's what matters. I'm hoping that with the use of a higher gain antenna and the FM filters near the preamp, I will be able to get access to all channels with one antenna.
germm is offline   Reply With Quote