View Single Post
Old 14-Nov-2014, 2:53 AM   #11
ZippyTheChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Guy View Post
Your attic goal will limit your ability to pick up an ABC station.

WPVI is on channel 6, a low band VHF channel.

Reception of channel 38 in the attic is around 50/50 with the largest UHF antenna plus preamp but even if successful your WMC will be stymied by the inability to add the antennas together efficiently.
Philly ABC is not a huge concern if I can get a good selection of other stations I can live without ABC.. however as you point out I could get WMAR to the south

And in fact I do get WMAR to the south pretty well with my homemade 4bay with a preamp... and i actually receive it when I am pointing north to philly so thats kinda a bonus... because I don't have to rotate the antenna..

This is only in tests that I am performing in my garage and someone pointed out to me I may be getting reflections that increase my reception of that station because of my garage door ... I guess I will see once i move the antenna to the attic but the antenna is too big to fit through the crawl door so it means taking it apart and putting it back together up there and I am reluctant at this time to do it in case I want to make large modifications to it.

HOWEVER are you saying the performance of WMAR will be sketchy because of its signal strength? of 14db? and its noise of -76?

Because I don't really understand that noise thing...

I have seen people trying to get stations and the noise -76 seems really high and they have problems from -60 and up.

Thanks for your reply tower guy.
ZippyTheChicken is offline   Reply With Quote