Thread: Antenna Newbie
View Single Post
Old 14-Apr-2011, 5:07 AM   #26
dsmguy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobamaflyer View Post
You asked early on about media center options: I have purchased a new Tivo Premier from ebay and it also supports Netflix, YouTube, WebVideos (Pandora, Rhapsody, list goes on) Been recording shows in HD beauty with it since I started this adventure. This replaced our own Directv setup and DVR, we had TiVo in the past and it's UI is unmatched.

I paired this with a new Vizio LED w/ internet apps (since I was saving a nice chunky $100/mo now ) and I have yet to be at a loss for tons of shows to entertain us.

I think the previous posters (and you, yourself) got your equipment nicely dialed in.
Sweet. Yeah, I actually went with a PS3. Like they say, "It only does everything." I have a Netflix membership and have added the apps for vudu and hulu +, but I haven't signed up yet. So far so good. I haven't given much thought to recording. Maybe soon.

As far as dialed in, not quite. During the day many stations including WALA (the one I have to have) are very weak. At night they are unwatchable. As mentioned in my message to you, I believe the problem is elevation. I will post details and pics after this.
dsmguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote