View Single Post
Old 10-Mar-2011, 6:25 PM   #8
kieths

mtownsend -
Your link is helpful. After cranking Gamma down to minimum settings on the video card (NVidia), and on the flat panel (Samsung), I can see subtle color shades with my screen brightness dropped low (though it gives me the feeling that the world just went gray and dingy). The link mentioned above called out a helpful utility, QuickGamma (their link was dead, but I Googled it). Adjusting monitor Gamma alone was not helpful at all. The QuickGamma software allowed for adjustment of the NVidia video card, which added a slight color to the charts. It's not vivid at all, but the color can now be seen.

I understand that very light pastels would print better on a black and white printer (darker, more saturated colors tend to print as near-black on some older printers).

I suppose I was looking for colors that, at a quick glance, are outstanding and easy to see. I can now see that the site's colors are not actually true gray. The light green which used to look like 10% light gray, now has a slight color shift towards green. Deeper color saturation would be an improvement. I've honestly never had difficulty seeing 'colors' on any other site (I suspect that greater color saturation is common on the particular sites I frequent).

The color scheme shall be...what the site operator chooses it to be. The information provided is excellent, very useful, and much appreciated.

Last edited by kieths; 10-Mar-2011 at 7:02 PM.
kieths is offline   Reply With Quote