View Single Post
Old 11-May-2015, 1:59 PM   #43
NapMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Removing the reflector on a DB4e will make the antenna strictly bi-drectional. It will receive equally in both directions on UHF. I often recommend this step when I feel it's a useful step to take.

If you can currently aim the antenna in the correct direction for the TV station of interest and its reception is reliable, then a bi-directional antenna MAY work okay. TANSTAAFL, after all. However, if the antenna is already aimed in the direction of the station and reception is not reliable, making the antenna bi-directional is most likely adversely affect reception.

I think I'd like to try removing the reflector. I can't remember, is it fairly easy to take off and re-attach, if necessary? Unfortunately it rained and stormed here all weekend so I wasn't able to go on the roof.

Right now the station I'm having the most trouble is the CBS station, which is in the opposite direction of where the antenna is pointed now. Last night I pulled out my small Winegard antenna and pointed it at the direction of the CBS station from within my house and it came in crystal clear. So if that small antenna, in my living room, is picking up CBS perfectly, I am thinking maybe the reflector is interfering with the signal on the DB4e. On the DB4e CBS was completely unwatchable last night.
NapMan is offline   Reply With Quote