View Single Post
Old 9-Jul-2011, 8:50 PM   #1
Wally9mm

Reception for NYC OTA Area -WNJB/WLIW

I am located in Queens County NY, one of the five boroughs of NYC and have no problems getting the major local signals.

I am specifically trying to lock in/improve a WNJB signal, whose transmitter I think is located in New Brunswick NJ and WLIW transmitter located in Plainview LI. Currently, the reception is either non-existent or spotty at best.

According to the TVSAR, I aimed my antenna(s) to WNJB’s transmitter (39.6 miles) at magnetic bearing 270 using a calibrated digital compass. Although WLIW (16.8 miles) is approximately 180 degrees out of phase at 95 degrees magnetic and only 16.8 miles from my location, I was unable to pick up any WLIW signal.

However, I have had limited success in getting a WNJB signal for all the HDTVs in my home. I am looking at using Radioshack Bi-directional Cable TV Amplifier (15-2505/15-2506) or RS In-line TV Antenna Signal Amplifier (1500369) for TV (No. 2).

Reception for WNJB: No reception at TV (No 2).
Very limited reception at TV (No. 3 and TV No. 4)
Very good reception at TV (No. 1)

Rooftop Reception Equipment:

Antennacraft HD850: Connected to TV (No. 3) and HDD/DVD Recorder using signal splitter. Approximate RG-59 cable length from antenna 125 feet. Separately connected to TV (No. 1) using 75 feet RG-59.

RadioShack® U-75R UHF Antenna: connected directly to HD850 lead-in terminals.

Radioshack VU 90: Connected to TV (No. 4) using 65 feet RG-6 and to TV (No. 2) 200 feet RG-59. Each connected at antenna lead-in terminals using separate cable.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...03d9c78d1fd99f
Wally9mm is offline   Reply With Quote