View Single Post
Old 14-Oct-2011, 6:21 PM   #4
MisterMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by be236 View Post
Anyone heard of this antenna.. Seems to get +1 - 2 dB gain over 91XG:

http://www.fracarro.com/internationa...logo/25-26.pdf
Carefully read the PDF that you linked to. This antenna was designed for Europe. The spectrum of channels that it is designed to receive is intended for those markets, not the North American market. Of the stations in your area, these antennas can't receive channels on the low-end of the UHF spectrum that are available to you, but is designed to receive channels on the high-end that are unused. For example, KTBW-DT broadcasts in real Channel 14. The lowest that any of the Fracarro models can receive is Channel 21. Your maximum channel is Channel 51 which KIRO-DT broadcasts on. For the sake of argument, I ignore K62FS on Channel 62.

Perhaps of greater concern is the mass of each Fracarro antenna. The BLU920F comes in at 9.88 kg (21.8 lbs) making it the lightest model from the company. The next lightest is the BLU220F, which tips the scales at 15.34 kg (33.8 lbs). Compare that to a Channel Master CM3020 Deep Fringe Advantage TV Antenna which comes in a 10 pounds. The Channel Master is a feather compared to the Fracarro. Less sensitive Channel Masters and Winnegards are even lighter. The mass of the Fracarros means that they require masts that Americans normally don't use or need. They also require guy wires stronger than normal. That mass actually makes it less likely that they will sway in the breeze, but if they do, then.... I wouldn't want my garage or dog house to be under one when it falls.
MisterMe is offline   Reply With Quote