View Single Post
Old 19-Apr-2015, 9:35 PM   #6
drew1942

Thank you soooo much Rabbit 73 for your informative reply and for sharing your expertise. especially about stations strengths where overloading may be a problem. I never thought to search for FM channels that might interfere.

The installer, who is from out of town, has not worked with a db8e before and I can't find anyone locally who has. He and I can experiment but it all has to be on the same day. It is hard to find antenna installers in Ann Arbor even though dish installers abound. It seems the antenna installers are all over 70, as am I, and want to sell me a Winegard 7697P with a rotor. I am happy to know that combiners are not a problem. I do know about the coax ground and the mast ground as does the installer.

About needing an FM trap I was told that both the LNA 200 from Winegard and the RCA TVPRAMP1R had FM traps so I assume I will not have to had another one.

I was going to put the combined output for the db8e into a preamp. I am leaning now towards the RCA. You have notified me that I may need to combine the amplified Toledo signal with the unamplified signal from the Detroit array and I will make note of that.
I also do plan to try both DB8e arrays with and without the reflector kit and see what happens.I may not need the kit for the Toledo side as I am not interested in VHF channels there.

Thanks again Rabbit 73 for your unusually sophisticated response. It was considerably more help than I anticipated from this forum and I thank you for taking the time to do it.
drew1942 is offline   Reply With Quote