View Single Post
Old 6-Oct-2015, 8:55 PM   #9
NthrnNYker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
The ratio between each band is 3:1 for the element lengths. If you used an antenna for VHF-High and UHF, it might pick up WRGB on real channel 6, but we can't guarantee that, which is why we have suggested an all-channel antenna like the Winegard HD8200U with a preamp like the Channel Master 7778.
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=hd8200u

You will need a long antenna to give you enough gain for the weak 2Edge signals at your location, even with a preamp helping.
That could be a problem for channel 6, which is right next to the FM band, but I don't see any strong FM signals based on your estimated location near the Capitol District Dso, 6305 NY-9N, Hadley, NY 12835 (or is it Lake Luzerne-Hadley, NY 12835). Some FM filters affect channel 6, some don't. See attachments 2 and 3.

Rabbit --- you quoted the Wineguard HD8200U --- is there a difference between that antenna and the Solid Signal HD8200XL --- looks to be the same antenna for 1/2 the price..... from the same source.

Also, you recommended the Channel Master 7778 pre-amp. From my understanding, the Channel Master 7777 offers higher gain and lower noise for just a couple dollars more.....but I also understand that the Channel Master 7777 is s more susceptible to overload from strong signals --- would that be an issue at my location ?

Thanks,

Karl

Karl

Last edited by NthrnNYker; 6-Oct-2015 at 9:29 PM.
NthrnNYker is offline   Reply With Quote