View Single Post
Old 8-Oct-2012, 6:50 PM   #1
fstr

Intermittent Dropped Signal

I am losing what precious little hair I have over this...
About 10% of the time - very sporadially - I lose signal and cannot watch anything. Most of the time I have superb signal strength. There is no specific time this happens except it seems to happen more often on Sunday nights and NOT when it is overcast/raining (when you would expect worse signal)

So here is my report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2df95f9248466d
All channels except 2 are in the green (the other 2 are yellow)

I have a Winegard HD7694P in the attic of a 2 floor home. It points out the side of the roof. No metallic insulation/underlayment etc and don't have aluminum siding.
From the antenna I run a continuous (no connections) 50ft coax to a Channel Master CM3414 Distribution Amplifier. From the CM I run 4 - 3ft coax to 3 HDHomerun's (1 old version and 2 new versions). The Amp and HDHomeruns are on a UPS.

I am not a newb to antennas - I cut the cord a loooong time ago. A year ago I moved from Chicago-burbs to Nothern Virginia-burbs and since then I have struggled. I tried a few different pre-amps and without amps, and also with a DB4. Also tried a 1296F attenuator

But my current setup has excellent signal 90% of the time, so I'm thinking interference.
As a side note I also have issues with my garage door opener sporadically not working - which points me back to interference. I just don't know how to find the interference or isolate myself from it.

PLEASE HELP!!
fstr is offline   Reply With Quote