View Single Post
Old 8-Apr-2012, 8:44 AM   #7
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OberGeiss View Post
Thanks so much. I see that the CPA-19 is a pre-amp, one mast mounted piece of hardware and then power supply and likely addn hardware and power supply inside. I see also that it is described as appropriate for Clearstream products...I happen to have a C-2 (that's what I replaced with the Yagi style).

Which brings me to another possibility.....any decent chance of receiving the PBS affiliate in Philadephia WHYY, either via rotator or separate antenna (with combiner or some such...)

Again, many thanks.

David
I've recommended the CPA-19 because it has the ability to handle strong signal levels better than most other preamplifiers. By placing the amplifier at the antenna, you avoid the signal degradation of the down-lead so you'll get higher quality signal into and out of the preamp when compared to a DA. The CPA-19 also adds one or two dB less noise than it's best competitor. While I'm hopeful, I can't guaranty replacing the CM3042 with the CPA-19 will make WLIW reliable. It's the best idea I've got at this point.

WHYY will take some doing. I'm thinking a stagger-stacked pair of Antennacraft Y-10713 high-VHF Yagis coupled with 450Ω twin-lead combining/matching harness and a CPA-19 preamp. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=1024

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 8-Apr-2012 at 8:46 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote