View Single Post
Old 4-Feb-2013, 8:03 PM   #8
elmo

You'll be fine w/the antenna on it. Those dishes are pretty hefty in comparison, plus I'd *guess* that they catch more wind load than an avg antenna. I removed an oval DTV dish and it felt like 15 lbs if I had to guess. The 7015 is rated at 7 lbs.

As for directional, I can't see that being an issue. Directional is what you want, as you'll likely aim SW at 215 deg magnetic.

I just saw your question on the pre-amp...and GroundUrMast likely has a good recommendation on that. You may need one. Regardless, my frugal plan would be to attach the antenna w/o an amp, to my best TV first, as direct as possible (ie - not using the 4 way splitter). Then I'd scan and note all my channels, plus sample some signal strengths of them. Then I'd connect the others and see if they all pull the same channels, making sure the first tv still pulls the sampled channels, comparing the signal strengths again. That will show the losses for distribution. If you're good, order up some crab cakes and enjoy some new shows! If you find channels dropping out, then time to order up some variety of amp, which is easily inserted prior to the splitter.
elmo is offline   Reply With Quote