View Single Post
Old 3-Mar-2016, 1:04 PM   #1
ZippyTheChicken

Co-Channel and Signal Power how much db difference is necessary

I have a few co-channels in my area and a couple of the stations are ones I want to get.

The problem is that the station I would like to get only gives me 10db to my area but its co-channel station is much weaker at -7db...

is there any rule of thumb to know when trying to get a station if its worth trying a bit more or if a co-channel is just going to knock it off the air.

17db is not that great a difference its not like one is 60db and the other -20db

I have a few of these type stations and normally one is above and one is below zero but many of the stations i get here are weak and under 20db so i am fighting things..

I want to get abc from one direction and the rest of my lineup from another but some of the cochannels are in the direction of that abc station....

then again i just looked through the zap2it guide for ABC and that station is mostly garbage now heh maybe i can do without it.. but they do play some sports on the weekend and maybe one or two shows in prime time.

anyway is there any rule of thumb?
or is this pretty much factored into the results page and anytime there is a C you are going to get knocked off
ZippyTheChicken is offline   Reply With Quote