Thread: IN or OUT?
View Single Post
Old 22-Apr-2011, 2:20 PM   #3
m-323

ok here it is...

I was getting about 20 channels although today, even ch 9 which should be one of the strongest is breaking up! I fine tuned rotation, getting about 70% signal strength but it was still breaking up.

I have a booster attached just before the channel box inside. I guess next step it to put a booster on the antenna itself?

also the cable is inside the aluminum mast. Some told me to put it outside for less interference but I think its more protected inside.

I cant see how it would cause interference inside cause cables are always put through conduits without incident and the cable itself is already encased in rubber right so I don't see what difference that could make.

pretty clear today here in the GTA.

heres a pic of the antenna ....

the one loose wire is just there for emergency in case one of the other stays breaks.

the kat kould really kare less!

this is the base I designed that the mast sits on which allows me to rotate the mast if necessary.

I made a plate to attach the shrouds to which is supported by a sleeve under it, so the plate can rotate... well actually the mast can rotate while the plate stays in place.

heres the top.

Last edited by m-323; 22-Apr-2011 at 2:42 PM. Reason: more pics
m-323 is offline   Reply With Quote