View Single Post
Old 24-Mar-2017, 12:58 AM   #3
rlwatso1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
Welcome back, rlwatso1

The signals at your new location on the hill look more promising than on your report from your previous thread:

The Cleveland (~65 mi) and Akron (~42 mi) channels are both in about the same direction, 344 to 346 degrees true. If they give you what you want, you will not need a rotator.

The Winegard HD7698P would be suitable for UHF (real channels 14-51) and VHF-High channels (real channels 7-13). The DB8E is suitable for UHF only.

You will need a preamp like the Antennas Direct Juice.

Yes I am really looking forward to being able fully cut the cord! I was wondering, how would a metal roof affect the reception on the antenna? My plan is to put a 30 ft tower up and attach the tower both in the ground and attach with a bracket to the eave of the new shop we are building. That would put the antenna at least 10 ft above the highest point of the roof. I started thinking tho since we are up high already maybe I could save some cash and just have the antenna attached to the eave with an eave mount only... this would put it 3-5 feet above said metal roof...
rlwatso1 is offline   Reply With Quote