View Single Post
Old 22-Sep-2013, 12:39 AM   #1
mattp

Talking South Western Ontario, Canada

Hi Everyone:
Learned a lot from you all so far, about aiming, and such, now I'm going to go out on a limb, well roof really, and try something new.
I have a Clearstream 2V antenna that is mounted on the roof of our little place which is on Northville Cres, in Lambton Shores, Ontario.
Here is the TV fool report.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...0559282851418a

Hope that comes out O.K.
I have the antenna aimed into the south east and it works really well. I get 6 or 7 channels and #6 on the chart, is trying to come in the side, but can't quite make it. Experimenting, I pointed the antenna towards the south west and it brought in those channels - Detroit? - pretty as well. I was surprised, giving that it's only 15 feet of the ground, and we are surrounded by huge oak trees. I'm guessing the 75 foot sand dune behind is providing a little reflection.
So, I'm thinking, after reading all the posts, about installing a second antenna for the south west direction to pull in those channels. I could put one about 7 feet away from the current one, and still not fall off the roof. Well, maybe. I read that I need to install two bits of coax, and they are to be exactly the same length, into a joiner, not a plain splitter and then an amplifier.
My question is, should I buy the same type of antenna or a plain UHF as all the stations to the south west seem to be UHF? And, I can't find the posting that said what kind of joiner to use and what amp. Ideas please?!
Or, would a rotor be a better idea?
Thanks for any ideas. I've already fallen off one roof this summer, so I'm going carefully on this.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote