View Single Post
Old 25-Jun-2016, 2:05 AM   #7
Exchangegeek

That makes perfect sense rabbit73 and I appreciate the information. The flutter does happen more on weaker channels. I also take your point that a stronger signal will have to make fewer corrections. If I can move this higher in the attic or even outside then I should have fewer problems.

You are also spot on with the device! Instead of splitting the signal and sending it throughout to various TVs I bought an HDHomeRun device and connected it to my network. Since my house has wired ethernet, this setup works perfectly so I can watch OTA from my TVs , my computer or my Projector outside. I am impressed with this device and am watching TV on my computer as we speak. I can also monitor the signal live from the device's admin page. I don't know how long the device will last but it works incredibly well.

On a side note, I screwed up my numbers accidentally. All the numbers I posted before are correct, but I accidentally added some at the end that should not be there. 70-90% Signal Strength, 90-99% Signal Quality and 100% Symbol Quality is my typical numbers and results in a perfect picture most of the time.

Enclosed, is a snapshot of my typical signal strength. Most Channels appear as the left image but WSB as you pointed out is weaker and on the right. Right now there is zero flutter so my picture is perfect.

Thanks again for all your help.
Attached Images
File Type: png signal.png (104.6 KB, 650 views)
Exchangegeek is offline   Reply With Quote