View Single Post
Old 16-Nov-2015, 9:11 PM   #18
kach22i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
I suggest you use the substitution method for troubleshooting your system.
Yes, that's what I did...................good advice.

UPDATE: 11/16/15

Ha, I went a year with one of those in the window antennas. A hand full of channels, but between Crackle on my DVD/Bluray player, the public library's DVD/Bluray collection and hooking my computer up to my plasma TV, I really didn't suffer much.

I let my demons lay n' wait, and last week found the problem in like five minutes.

The big coil of coaxial cable I bought last year was put into use as a by-pass jumper.

Went from the antenna post mounted preamp, to the lightning arrester (my longest run) - and that was that - it worked.

I then loosened the last few cable connections just prior to the lightning arrester jack, and re-did the connection (new fitting) for at least the 6th time.

Near as I can figure it, the connection was cocked just a little too much (90 degree bend) and was shorting. Happenstance (the Devil's work) it went out while working on the other end when changing out the 5-foot pole for a 10-foot pole.

Mind you that when this end was removed for testing with a tester everything showed up fine because the tension was released to disconnect for the tester.

Mystery solved, patience required.

FYI: I have my antenna pointed at channel 9 out of Canada, it and another (new to me) Canadian channel come in fine.

Mission accomplished.

Bring on the best world news and all the hockey and beer commercials I can stomachache.

Last Thought:
Menards (a big box store chain) flashed an advertisement past me a few months ago. In the one second I saw it, looked like my $400 Denny's antenna for $40.

Not saying they are the same, just that you might want to check them out and see the quality in person. I have few if any issues with my antenna design and the hardware supplied, just in the service................I mean if you put the word "service" in your name isn't something implied?

Pick up the phone, answer an e-mail..............something, anything.

Last edited by kach22i; 16-Nov-2015 at 9:18 PM.
kach22i is offline   Reply With Quote