View Single Post
Old 22-Jan-2013, 1:29 AM   #8
OtaNewbie

Thank you guys,

It's been a while, the reason is, I ended up using the old antenna that was on the roof. The superintendent of my building cut the wires of the antenna, so I knew no one was using the old antenna. I just took the antenna down and mounted it above my apartment so I can drop the wire down through my window.
The only issue with this antenna is, when the super cut the wires, he cut one of them above the coax connector for the top part of the antenna. (I have attached a pic of the antenna, it is dark, taken at night, so it's a bit hard to see. But the wire connected to the top part is cut. My TV is only connected to the smaller part that is extending out to the right.) I do get channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, sometimes 11 & 13, and I get the channels above as well. I didn't take much time in aiming it yet. There are days that the reception is very poor and aggravating. So I am interested in finally getting a new antenna, so here I am.

1.) GroundUrMast, you mentioned "But, you can have too much of a good thing... If you get too directional, you start to loose the ability to receive signal that are off to one side or the other." Would this be a problem if I were to go with the 7015 over the 7010?
OtaNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote