View Single Post
Old 26-Feb-2012, 8:37 PM   #7
fallen_trumpet
Fred

To close the loop on this discussion, for anyone following along...

I received the Stacker antenna Tuesday. I had second thoughts about my planned attic installation after realizing (a) attic space is a bit tighter than I thought (vertical dimension) and (b) I need to point my antenna directly toward my neighbors 2-story house and large tree.

I exchanged a few email with Denny (very prompt responses) and decided to give it a try, so into the attic I went Saturday, directly connecting to a single TV. Allowing my Sony Bravia TV to search, 71 digital channels were found. (Several of these were actually sub-channels, Spanish channels and so on, but I did receive all the channels I initially mentioned as requirements, plus several more.

I have not found a way to display "signal strength" on my low-end Sony... if I find a way, I'll display some quantitative values for each channel... (anyone know how to do this?) but at least for now, the Stacker, being "disadvantaged" in almost every possible way in my installation - mounted inside my attic, only 1-2" clearance between the antenna members and rafters/roofing material on almost every side, pointed directly into the side of my neighbors home, and so on... yet I still receive the channels I wanted.

Of course, more channels would be better, and if I had chosen a different antenna or moved this Stacker outdoors, perhaps I would receive even more channels, but I have not way to know for certain.

All I can say for now with certainty is that I'm happy with the initial reception. Now, only time will tell if the reception remains constant or fades with the seasons.

Regards,
Fred
fallen_trumpet is offline   Reply With Quote