View Single Post
Old 11-Jan-2011, 4:06 AM   #3
scott784

I appreciate your reply on the sound issue. Yes, my Samsung tv has an optical audio out jack so I can use that to run a optical audio cord from my tv directly to my stereo receiver once I get the OTA antenna hooked up. In that way, I will maintain my dolby digital 5.1 surround sound on all channels broadcasting in that manner.

I am also glad to hear the signals generated from high speed wireless internet in my house will not interfere with OTA antenna reception from my rooftop antenna (which will be installed soon when the weather breaks).

One other question, since I want to get Netflix to supplement my viewing tv over the air, am I better off to have a hard wired ethernet connection running straight from the cable modem into my tv? Then I can just operate my internet PC from the other room wirelessly? I am just wondering b/c I would think streaming movies over the internet takes a terrific amount of speed to avoid pixelation and other issues. So even with 'turbo speed', which is Time Warner's highest internet speed, am I still better off to place the cable modem next to the tv and hard wire the tv itself with ethernet cable? Or does it not make any difference whatsoever? Many thanks for any additional feedback you can provide on this topic.

I am just trying to get ready for this transition of weaning myself off cable tv and want to make sure I am covering all the basis.

Last edited by scott784; 11-Jan-2011 at 4:09 AM.
scott784 is offline   Reply With Quote