View Single Post
Old 1-Oct-2016, 7:07 AM   #16
Blackbeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsgarage View Post
I'm sorry I did not realize you were running a one wire rotor system. Personally, I would run a separate cable. If it were me, I would be trying it a different you're out like some sort of pre amp system.. I hope one of these other guys chimes in, maybe someone has a better idea...

I would like to see you succeed, I hope you can figure out what is wrong with your system. I guess possibly you could get a larger antenna like a DB8e for your UHF.
Again, it seems too much work for a relatively short cable run that may or may not need it, the DB8e is basically two DB4e's pinned together, the DB4e is a really good antenna but I have one already so buying a DB8e at over triple what I payed is not very tempting (house funds are tight as is). I've been considering the Stellar Labs (30-2415) http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...-2415-/30-2415
but though the gain is listed at a high 18dB from what I've been reading its being said to be a lessor of the HDB91X, I'm not sure if that is bias, personally in my experience the HDB91X has been a lessor to the DB4e (with the exception of receiving ch4 slightly better, the goal of using it, though the loss in 0 reception of ch20 & ch7, even at night presently, among others is not worth that.) If HDB91X is the best, as claimed, for fringe UHF I'm not sure where to go, it hasn't been my experience, the DBs are claimed to be "ideal for suburban and rural areas where heavy foliage or roofing materials reduce the incoming signal". this is certainty my circumstance so perhaps that's why it outperforms. I actually have the lessor Solid Signal HDB4X, so I could conceivably jimmy together with the DB4e for a equivalent of the DB8e but I think that is rather top heavy for that stack, I would hope for a single UHF antenna solution ideally.

Last edited by Blackbeen; 1-Oct-2016 at 7:09 AM.
Blackbeen is offline   Reply With Quote