View Single Post
Old 13-Aug-2016, 1:29 AM   #8
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Thank you for the new report. It is close to your first report; I see Rio Frio Trail and the creek again. You haven't given us the coordinates for the latest report, so I think I will stick with the first one I did based on your original coordinates, unless you want to give me the latest coordinates in a PM.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e2cba0a97b9441

Because of your uneven terrain, the channels listed are in a different order from report to report.
Quote:
Can the signal make it over the hill?
My answer remains the same: you have a good chance of receiving some channels if you can get your antenna high enough.

You will need a combo antenna aimed at 102 degrees magnetic for VHF-High and UHF because ABC is on real channel 8. I doubt that you need a VHF-Low antenna for channel 6 because KBFW is an FM station disguised as a TV station. You can listen to it on 87.7 FM. KSFW is infomercials.

If you can get it high enough a Winegard HD7694P might work; the bigger HD7698P has more gain. Tilting them would be a DIY modification. Try it without a preamp first. If you have more than one TV you might need a distribution amplifier. A last resort would be a preamp instead of the distribution amp.

A alternative would be separate UHF and VHF antennas that have a tilt feature built in, like the Antennas Direct 91XG and the MCM 30-2475.

What antenna are you using now?

If the antenna is outside, the coax shield should be grounded with a grounding block that is connected to the house electrical system ground with 10 gauge copper wire for electrical safety and to reject interference. For further compliance with the electrical code (NEC), the mast should also be grounded in a similar manner to drain any buildup of static charge, but the system will not survive a direct strike.

Last edited by rabbit73; 13-Aug-2016 at 3:17 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote