View Single Post
Old 3-Aug-2014, 3:31 PM   #27
corvairbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
No go with the Insignia TV. The only way you can add a channel is by using the existing Channel List. But when you do a rescan of channels it will lose that channel even if it has been saved as a Favorite if it is not scanned in when pointing the antenna in a direction where it cannot find that channel.

At this point CorvairBob you have two options. New TV such as a Sony which should have the rescan feature you need or LG which I have been told also has this feature. Or maybe a Samsung which will at least allow you to punch in the channel if you reposition the antenna to the right direction. But this has a fault as well. Example:

My real Ch. 23 is also a virtual channel for another channel. Thus, if I hit 23 on the Samsung it brings in the other channel and not 49 which is real Ch. 23. So, if you have a similar issue where ever you use this TV you will not get the real channel but the virtual channel.

At this point the low cost solution may be two antennas combined and pointed in different directions. But to be sure this is going to work, I NEED TO KNOW which is the weakest channel on your list that you wish to watch. If I do not get this information I can not provide any additional suggestions other than what has already been offered.

I should add that even though this did not work the first time it is likely due to the antennas you are using. Not right for the situation. One is UHF only and the other does seem to offer both UHF and VHF capability. But the reception area for each antenna may not be wide enough to pick up the channels you want or the antennas may not have enough gain either. If these antennas are highly directional then you need a different antenna such as something like a 4 bay antenna with a wider capture area or a something like the Antennacraft HBU 33 Yagi style. I have a HBU22 and that has a fairly wide capture area and will get signals not directly in front of the antenna.
i will look up that antenna you mention here and see. i do have a coupler maybe that will allow me to combine 2 antennas. i don't know how to give you the information your asking other than give you my zipcode and the height i have them at. that is all i used from the site to get the channels available to me from the east. it seems the channels from the west over lake michigan are just to far away to be of use to me. if you have a website i can visit to get this information you require please send it along. other wise can you plug in my 49442 zipcode and 30 ft height and see the channels it says i should get. other wise i get 13 17 35 23 41 that is it with what i have now. the uhf antenna gets less because some of them are vhf signals.

the other antenna i may have burned out the amp when i used a splitter on 2 of the same antennas trying to couple them together to get all the channels, i got a bunch then all of a sudden nothing after using that splitter. so i got a coupler and got that uhf antenna and it worked worse, i did not see it was for uhf until the company tole me after i complained to them.

thanks bob p.
corvairbob is offline   Reply With Quote