View Single Post
Old 21-Aug-2013, 1:51 PM   #2
elmo

I would think your RCA ANT1251 is the best design you have on hand for the VHF. Have you tried reorienting it to face SW? And how do you adjust the two telescoping parts? V-shape, horizontal, full extension, etc? Someone here with more expertise than me may be able to tell you the best configuration to tune in 7 & 9. You can certainly experiment if you haven't already. I'd try facing it SW and extend them fully horizontal. Then see how 7/9 come in. If it's not so good, decrease the length an inch at a time. Depending on the length, somewhere in the middle may be optimal. You may be left with an antenna in an inconvenient position, but you can adjust from there to see if a reliable signal can be maintained. Going to a V may work as well as the horizontal and get them out of your way.

I know the Terk HDTV antenna is often recommended here, but I'm not sure there's anything to gain on VHF.

Also, since you're indoors, you have signals bouncing around and even though the towers are SW of you, depending on the bouncing, that might not be the best direction to face it. Lots of patience and adjusting may be the key!

Last edited by elmo; 21-Aug-2013 at 1:56 PM.
elmo is offline   Reply With Quote