View Single Post
Old 14-Jan-2014, 4:49 PM   #11
naga77777

Man, I wish I'd have known that about the frequency range and no need for quad shielded cable. Could have saved a bit of money getting the cheaper rg6 and not buying a new 4-way splitter.

I've been watching a little TV today, and virtual channel 5-2 as well as 50-2 have been breaking up on the HTPC. They weren't even the weakest signals according to the test TV I used after the splitter (albeit in a different room, but the cable run is about the same length). I haven't watched the weakest station, but will turn it on for a while to see if it's worse than the others.

I looked on AntennasDirect's site yesterday at distribution amplifiers, and see the 4-way y'all sell. Looks like that may be a good option for me.

I still can't understand why, according to my TVFool report, and user teleview's posts above, these channels should be extremely easy to pick up. I'm only interested in the green ones, and it says "an indoor set-top antenna is probably sufficient". Yet, I have a huge, outdoor, roof-mounted antenna, and they're still intermittently choppy. I would have thought I'd have rock-solid signal with no problems ever.

EDIT: so for some reason my computer didn't show teleview's last post. Thank you for your input. I've got to decide now if I want to move the antenna higher, since getting those trees out of the way isn't going to happen.

Last edited by naga77777; 16-Jan-2014 at 9:36 PM.
naga77777 is offline   Reply With Quote