View Single Post
Old 14-Jan-2014, 11:09 AM   #10
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Since OTA signals only go to 698 MHz, it's a waste of money to pay extra for the 3 GHz stuff. There is no benefit to you. Likewise, there is no benefit to quad shield coax over two or three layer shielded coax.

Quote:
I'm wondering if it would help to take some fine sandpaper to the terminals where I attached the matching transformer.
That is a good idea. Also inspect any other rivets or screws that are for any phasing lines (if used) for corrosion.

Use the interactive maps feature, switch to satellite view, place the virtual antenna on your rooftop in its mounting position, then turn on the lines. You can then get a visual as to where the signal paths are relative to nearby landmarks visible in the overhead shot. That way, you'll get you default aiming direction spot on.

Replace the splitter with a four port distribution amplifier (no preamp). I have yet to find any amplifiers on the shelf in any national retailers that are good enough for me to recommend, so you'll need to order one.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote