View Single Post
Old 29-Jan-2015, 2:11 PM   #12
jp2code
Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Guy View Post
The extra panels pick up more signal if the stations are in exactly the same direction. In your case the signals are spread out and the DB4 will work better than the DB8.
Yikes! I had that DB8e in my shopping cart when I saw this post, too.

OK, now, discounting Channel 7 (VHF) and the channels I don't know what they are (no virtual channels, so nothing appears on my tuner anyway), I am left with only two (2) main groups. One around the 215° range, and the farther out stations at about 75°.

Edited Radar Plot:

* NOTE: If anyone can make suggestions with the guys at TV Fool that do the plots, it would be nice if the grid had a Check Box option to display it on the graph. As it is, I had to edit it.

I was thinking that DB8e could point half of its antenna along one azimuth and half along the other.

If I used a DB4e and pointed one panel along each azimuth, would a single panel by itself be able to get those stations on the distant Edge?

I also saw where Antennas Direct makes a VHF add-on for their UHF antennas.

Antennas Direct VHF-1 VHF Retrofit Kit

It says "Range: 25 to 50+ miles", and my one VHF channel is at ~27 miles. Would that eliminate my need to purchase the separate TVPRAMP-1R preamp.

...looking like what rickbb told me in Post 3.

Is there a decent 2009+ DB4 or DB8 (enhanced versions) that already comes without the reflectors? I'd hate to buy something new only to tear off half of the antenna and throw it away.