View Single Post
Old 2-Sep-2013, 9:31 PM   #19
StephanieS

Last update (for a little while).

Picture of setup:

I should've dressed the wires a bit more. I'll do that when I put the preamp on the ANT751.

KLEW varies tremendously. This morning in overcast skies the Tivax receiver had 4 bars and a signal of 79 (middle of good). This afternoon with the clouds breaking up, it's settled back down to 40 (lower side of good) and two bars. Appears I may be getting some bounce off the clouds.

KLEW also pixellates once in awhile during the day, then comes right back. The chief Engineer of KLEW sent me a curvature of the earth corrected plot from me to the transmission site. According to that, I am not line of site to KLEW. KLEW's engineer also made reference to that I am likely the only person in my city that receives KLEW. Probably so. Most people are pointing at the Spokane sticks 15 miles away.

K40EE for an analog looks great. Occasionally, the ANT751 can see it in its current location. However, it is hit and miss with being unwatchable. Only with the 91XG does it come into full color and minimal static.

Most locals do just fine off the side of the 91XG. They are attenuated a bit with 3 bars common and a signal strength of 50-70. KSKN RF 36 suffers the most with occasional drop outs. For them, I just switch over to the ANT751 if I want to watch the locals at full strength. All locals are 100% with the exception of KXLY RF 13 and RF9 as well as K23HT-D on the smaller antenna. Both of those off the ANT751 are in the mid 40s and 2 - 3 bars. I plan to purchase another RCA pre-amp and put it on the ANT751.

That's all for now!

Last edited by StephanieS; 2-Sep-2013 at 9:34 PM.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote