View Single Post
Old 20-Mar-2013, 8:03 AM   #8
StephanieS

Update

I thought I'd share an update with you regarding reception. During this winter, I have had repeated problems with k23ht-d. Pixellating and disappearing completely. Sunday it was gone most of the day. I understand icing on broadcast antennas so I assumed that was the case as it's at 5000' and winter weather can still come and go into March.

With K23HT-D out, I emailed the engineering department at Idaho Public Television to report it. "Amazed" is the word a couple of the engineers used in emails back and forth at my reception. The Boise staff tried to advise me to try KUID or KCDT. An engineer in Moscow, ID which oversees K23HT-D told the staff in Boise that KUID and KCDT aren't possible for me. Well, KUID *IS* technically possible, but it'll require reworking, luck and setup space I don't have.

K23HT-D even at 500' above ground at my location it's signal never breaks 18 db on strength. It holds 17 db until about 5' above ground.

Moral of the story: the field engineer said they've had antenna icing problems and snow is deep up there so getting to do a good check of equipment is out until April. I suppose it's springs job to melt the antenna ice.

Its nice IPTV had 10 people or so in the discussion all marvelling a 200 watt translator is stable 55 miles out.

On a side note, I've ordered a 10 db preamp. This is my updated data: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda088622b595. (Antenna is at 27/28') Would I be able to pull KLEW's RF 22 translator up to recievable levels?

Regards,

Last edited by StephanieS; 20-Mar-2013 at 8:06 AM.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote