View Single Post
Old 3-Sep-2013, 10:22 PM   #19
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon459 View Post
Just spoke with the fine folks at solid signal and the recommended the Winegard HD 7084P, Attenuator: 1296F, and Amplifier: AP8700.
I'm trying to think of something nice to say about that recommendation, but I'm coming up completely empty. It must have been done by someone who doesn't know an antler from an antenna. An all-channel antenna, a pre-amp, and an attenuator???? Has Michigan passed "medical" pot laws?

Look, you're in a deep, deep valley with granite walls 1000 to 2000' feet tall. The towers are behind the rim of the valley and all you'll ever get are reflections.

Pick a very directional high-VF antenna plus a very directional UHG antenna, a rotor, and a decent sensitive preamp and start experimenting.

I'd suggest either the single antenna already suggested or the premium system of a 10-element Winegard, a 91XG, a PA18 with UVSJ, and a capable rotor. Mount it all up in the air and give it a whirl. you'll get whatever is available, depending on your level of patience.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 3-Sep-2013 at 10:36 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote