View Single Post
Old 23-Dec-2011, 9:01 AM   #10
jonnybass

GroundUrMast, thanks once again for the quick reply, your help is greatly appreciated!

The people in my building are not very friendly, so I don't think sharing my OTA set-up with a tenant on a higher floor will be happening any time soon... I probably have a better shot at buying the building and mounting a XG91 on the roof

I do have a south facing window in the bedroom, so I can try positioning the DB8 in front of that window to see if that makes a difference... I would first need to get a very long cable for that though, as the cable I'm currently running from the antenna to the TV is very short... In fact, the short cable is what has prevented me from trying other positions on the balcony (the cable is fully stretched to the one spot the antenna is sitting now)

I just thought of another factor that may be in play here - I'm using a winegard rc1010 atsc tuner box, as I have an older tv that is only "HD ready". I've read a couple of reports of others getting less channels with this particular tuner... Maybe I should grab a cheapy 19" TV from Walmart to see if the built in tuner does a better job?
jonnybass is offline   Reply With Quote