Thread: VHF antenna
View Single Post
Old 13-Jan-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Bangor, ME has the peculiar distinction of being the only TV market in the whole country were a UHF antenna is not needed.

Existing VHF-only (2-13) antennas are huge, typically 9-10 wide and 10-15' long, and extinct. I don't know when the last one went extinct, but it's been quite a few years. The best one can do now is an all-channel combo like the Winegard or Channel Master offerings and ignore the UHF part of the antenna.

Quote:
I checked on antennaweb and got very different results. It showed real 7 and 2 in the violet range.
The antenna color coding scheme on antennaweb has no correlation to the color coding used in the TVFool system except by coincidence.

There are high-VHF antennas available including our ClearStream 5, a compact antenna intended for reception of channels 7-13. Recently, cheap Chinese imports have hit the North American market being sold by MCM Electronics. Other than that, there aren't any viable high-VHF only antennas around with after Winegard discontinued theirs and AntennaCraft went down with Radio Shack's bankruptcy.

Sacrificing low-VHF would mean giving up WLBZ, your NBC affiliate, with its sub-channel(s).

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote