View Single Post
Old 4-Oct-2016, 3:03 AM   #6
Tigerbangs
TV Reception Maven

Send a message via AIM to Tigerbangs Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerbangs
Looks like you are in Groton, and I grew up in Waterford, so I am intimately familiar with the pitfalls of reception in New London County: I put up antennas there back in the awful days of analog, and have found that the digital revolution has brought its own set of challenges.

If you can't get an antenna on the roof, or are unwilling to get cable or Satellite (Groton is unusual in that it has two competing cable TV companies) you are just not going to see major network TV reliably, no matter how high you may be. You might get a whiff of WTIC when the wind is blowing right, but no way will you see WTNH without an outdoor antenna. As for WFSB, I was able to receive it a couple of years ago in Ledyard using an AntennasDirect 91 XG and a PA-18 amplifier mounted on the roof, but I didn't have to aim through the WHPX transmitter, either.

Let me see if I can guess what comes in: PBS from Norwich and 8 channels of ION, four from WHPX, and four from WPXQ. With an indoor antenna, that's about it, I'm afraid. Sorry!

Last edited by Tigerbangs; 4-Oct-2016 at 3:06 AM.
Tigerbangs is offline   Reply With Quote