View Single Post
Old 6-May-2015, 4:28 PM   #34
NapMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbb View Post
I wouldn't hold out any hope on the Sat installers. Some of them are knowledgeable and professional who may have the skill and background in OTA to understand what your issue is.

Most are not, just low wage sub-contractors who are taught the very basics of installing a dish.

If you can get up on the roof and using your TVFool plot and a simple compass and find a likely good place to get around the trees you can tell the installer to put it there.

But before you start drilling holes and putting in bolts, try the reception while someone holds the antenna turns it a bit, even moving it left and right or up and down a few feet this way or that can improve, (or make worse), the signal quality.
Well, the thing is, Sunday I was having the same problem with CBS so I climbed up on the roof to try and adjust it. I wasn't able to get a good direction. I had my phone up there and using the TabloTV I could to a channel scan and actually watch the channels to see how they look.

After about 45 minutes up there I ended up pointing it just slightly off where it had been before. I was still getting occasional picture glitches but it wasn't too bad. But last night it was terrible on CBS.

I am thinking the DB4e might be a pretty directional antenna and 3 of the networks I want come from the northeast and 2 of them come from the southwest.

Right now the antenna is mounted using my old satellite dish mast with a 2 foot piece of pipe added for a little height. I'm looking at maybe buying (2) of these and getting up around 10 feet above the roof.
NapMan is offline   Reply With Quote