View Single Post
Old 12-Jun-2012, 9:17 PM   #9
sara

I wish my work place allows for a chat with ADTech. I would not have to resort to pages of text on the forum. On the other hand it might be helpful to everyone. As I explained in another post, I did not go for C2V based on price and I thought that C5 has a good VHF and more omnidirectional. I get all the channels reliably after adding a distribution amp. I hope that the situation will improve once I mount it on roof at 25ft. Looks like there is more interest from North Charlotte community and this thread will be useful to others.

ADTech, I have a question on RG6 cables: Why don't you sell quad RG6 with ground messenger wire? Wherever I see RG6 with ground messenger they are not quad shielded. I have seen Dish Network use such cables for proper grounding. For dish they have a switch with ground which is connected to another grounding block (and properly grounded with copper wire to pole) before the cable enters the house. On the antennas there is no place to attach a ground messenger wire to the antenna (unless I add a ground block). Is it sufficient to just attach ground surge protector before the cable enters the house? The preamps are almost as expensive as antennas and I want to make sure (in future when I buy a preamp), that lightning does not kill it. Is it given that any lightning strike nearby will fry a preamp and hence no one bothers to save equipment outside the house.

Last edited by sara; 13-Jun-2012 at 2:08 AM.
sara is offline   Reply With Quote