View Single Post
Old 21-Aug-2013, 6:56 PM   #5
GroundUrMast

Let's be sure...

It sounds like you and I are both scratching our heads still.

Just to confirm,

Are you located in Massachusetts? Or are you in New Hampshire? The LAT/LON coordinates shown on both TVFR reports are for a location near an address in Concord, MA 01742 according to Google Maps.

When generating a TV Fool report, my preferred method is to open the Interactive TV Maps tool. I leave the 'input method' set to the default, 'address'. Then I enter only the ZIP Code, and then click the 'Map This' button.

At this point I have a map displayed, with a movable cursor located at the center of the ZIP Code I entered. I then use my mouse to drag the cursor to the exact location I'm interested in. In the upper right corner of the map I can select from four view types, I find it helpful to have all four available... The Hybrid and Terrain modes seem to be what I use the most.

At the bottom of the map, I enter the antenna height, and can find the LAT/LON coordinates of the cursor (in decimal form, not deg/min/sec).

Once I have the cursor location and the antenna height set correctly, I click on the 'Make Radar Plot' button located at the upper right corner of the map. The TV Fool report opens in a new tab or window. I can then copy the URL from the address bar of my browser, for posting to a thread.

I hope this helps, I just want to be sure we give you advise based on the actual conditions at your location.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 21-Aug-2013 at 7:06 PM. Reason: Google Maps
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote