View Single Post
Old 28-Jun-2011, 6:55 AM   #8
cableisevil

great great info. after looking at this thing

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-ANT751-Out...9243280&sr=8-1

I think he may not have such a problem with outside mounting. This thing isnt really that big. West side is going to be a problem because that is the front of the house. North is best and that is where the Comcast cable/internet line is coming in anyway through a soffit vent. Since an indoor next to the TV type antenna seems to be riddled with problems my plan is to go attic or outdoor now. I would like to just unhook 2 or 3 of the coax lines that come off of current "main" cable line and run them to the antenna. That would keep me from having to run new lines down the walls with new face plates and all. This would also keep the outlet that I currently have my internet router hooked up to still on the comcast feed. Then when we move I can just pull those antenna lines off the antenna and screw them back onto the comcast feed for future residents.

So I guess 2 maybe 3 TV's for the antenna. Is all coax the same? If I do mount the antenna outside can I just feed that one coax into the attic and hook a splitter up to the 3 three existing lines that are currently split off the comcast line? I'm starting to get excited!
cableisevil is offline   Reply With Quote