View Single Post
Old 6-Jul-2015, 6:41 PM   #13
StephanieS

The ANT751 is very capable. I have one in service. In line of sight conditions with moderate to good signals it does well. I am even able to reliably receive a signal in the teens in terms of db strength.

That said, if you chose the ANT751 make sure you have it in an environment that is obstruction free of buildings and trees. With proper signals and line of sight it will do very well. If in your immediate area there are more obstructions, the Winegard might be a better choice. The ANT751 is designed for reasonably close installation to towers (they say less than 40 miles) and unobstructed situations.

I can't tell you how many product reviews on amazon.com blast the ANT751. Upon reading the critique it is either a misapplication or improper set up. I am 15 miles from my main cluster with line of sight and I use it as a backup antenna behind 100' of coax through an A/B switch and another 20' and 50' run. Stable signal, reliable and performs better than a couple of larger antennas I've tested.

If you do go with the ANT751 a problem in the past has been reported with the 300/75ohm adapter. You might just want to replace it out the gate with a better unit.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magtag12345@yahoo.com View Post
Thanks rabbit73

The antenna's you suggested seem to be very different from each other in terms of size ( I don't know about their specs though). Since the RCA model seems smaller and smaller, I would want to try it. Will I be losing something because it is small? Thanks.
The difference used to mean one was "revised." This translates to a slight revision in the antenna element length to focus more on channels 7-51 instead of 7-69 as former channels 52 and up are no longer being used for television broadcasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magtag12345@yahoo.com View Post
Is ANT751 and ANT751R are same?
If yes can I get http://www.amazon.com/RCA-Compact-Ou.../dp/B0024R4B5C ?

Last edited by StephanieS; 6-Jul-2015 at 6:47 PM.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote